Scientific dive training at all levels.
SDI Scientific and Research Diver Course.
This program runs over 5 days and covers the basic Level 1 Scientific Diver qualification at the American Academy of Underwater Science (AAUS) standards.
The course content includes:
- Buoyancy and positioning for research diving
- Handling extra task loading
- Introduction to common underwater scientific tools
- Communication and data collection techniques
- Standardising of data collection processes
Bespoke training for specific goals
Gradient offers programs to suit the needs of specific research goals, as consultants applying our range of experience in scientific diving techniques, after discussion on the aims of a project.
Technical Diving for Research Projects
Training specific to deeper or overhead environment based research.
Training developed to:
- Minimise task loading of both diving equipment and scientific tools
- Develop dive planning protocols to maximise in-water data collection
- Train divers to minimise risk while carrying out research